10 top beauty tips to get you through the winter
from Louise our franchisee for Surrey and Berkshire.
It’s so important as the winter months close in to get a good beauty regime place to take care of your hair and skin. The winter months is when your hair and skin can taking a ‘bashing’ Follow my tops tips to help protect against this!!
1) For a radiant complexion slice a few grapes in half and rub the cut sides over clean skin. The fruit acids are natural exfoliators.
2) Wake up tired, puffy eyes with a chilled eye cream (store yours in the fridge). Apply it from the outer corners of your eyes toward your nose. This helps drain excess fluid in the area.
3) Use SPF – It may be cold out, but a great deal of sun damage can happen in the winter. Protect skin with natural sun blocks such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. Wear UVA- and UVB-blocking shades to shield eyes and prevent wrinkles from squinting. La Roche Posay – AntheliosXL is a great one and doubles up as a tinted moisturiser.
4) On windy days make sure you wear a scarf and hat. Not only does this help to keep you warm but you can also use the scarf to wrap around your face to protect your skin from dehydration and you can use the hat to stop the wind from damaging and breaking your hair!!
5) Use an oil treatment in your hair once a week!! Whilst your doing the dishes or the housework, run Palmers Coconut Oil into dry hair, cover with a shower cap or towel – Natural body heat boosts the oil’s ability to condition hair. After 15 minutes, shampoo as usual.
6) Moisturise more!! – You may have found a moisturiser that works just fine in spring and summer. But as weather conditions change, so, too, should your skin care routine. Find an “ointment” moisturiser that’s oil-based, rather than water-based, as the oil will create a protective layer on the skin that retains more moisture than a cream or lotion.
7) Apply your moisturiser at least 30 minutes to an hour before heading outdoors. Moisturisers containing a lot of water can freeze on skin.
8) Protect your lips. Lips can get chapped and sore in the winter months due to the cold winds, always try to keep a lip balm in your hand bag. Pop over your lippy to help protect your lips. Carmex is always a winner!
9) Drink More Water. During the winter months you may feel less thirsty, but it’s absolutely crucial that you drink plenty of water to yourself hydrated. Water will bolster your beauty from the inside out. In addition to drinking plenty of water, herbal teas and clear soups are more creative ways to keep your body well hydrated and to flush out harmful toxins from inside your body.
10) Feed Your Skin. Certain foods can help your skin glow from the inside out. Such foods must be consumed on regular basis during the winter days. Some of the foods that you need to eat are oily fish like salmon and tuna (high in omega-3 which helps in the collagen production of the skin), spinach and avocadoes (high in vitamin E, which protects skin from UV rays and cell damage) and vitamin C-rich foods like tomatoes and citrus fruits. Also avoid sugary snacks and instead munch on seeds and nuts for a zinc boost, essential for preventing rashes and unwanted skin irritations.
To conclude, just follow the above mentioned top winter beauty tips to stay glowing and gorgeous – even when the weather isn’t!
Franchisee – Hair and Makeup Artist Surrey and Berkshire
GU (Guildford) and SL (Slough) postcodes
Click here to see Louise’s hair and makeup work