This weekend I (Dannique) had a great time chaperoning my 6 month pregnant cousin to her final wedding dress fitting! She looked absolutely stunning. Whilst there I picked up a few helpful hints and tips to pass on to my expectant brides to be.
– Do a little research, flick through magazines and the internet to get some ideas of maternity wedding dresses that are available.
– Find a Bridal shop that specialises in maternity wedding dresses. Perfection Bridal on Bromley High Street (BR1 1PQ) is great!
– Tell the gown shop exactly how many months you will be on your wedding day, this will give them a better idea of when you should order your dress.
– Go for an empire line dress it will support your bump perfectly and is also on trend.
– Make sure the fabric of the dress is unrestrictive, flows and is light. Silk, satin and lace are great fabrics for pregnant brides. More structured fabrics may not fall gracefully around your bump.
– Make sure the dress tucks in slightly at the waist. This will accentuate your gorgeous figure.
– A low swopping neckline will help balance your figure. You can find a dress that has a lace netting on the top if you would prefer not to show off too much flesh on top.
– Straps are fantastic, for a more on trend look try an asymmetric strap, or straps that are slightly off the shoulders.
– Make sure your dress will accommodate a totally comfortable bra.
– Lastly ditch the heels! There are some absolutely gorgeous bridal sandals out there.
I hope my tips come in handy. Congratulations for your double celebrations!
Dannique – wedding hair and makeup for South East London, Dartford and Bromley