It’s been raining all weekend (of course – Wimbledon has started!) and lots of my clients in Berkshire and Oxfordshire have been asking me (Kim) about spray tanning for their upcoming special occasions and weddings.
I thought I would share some spray tan for wedding tips:
Don’t be scared – you don’t have to go all out tango’d with a spray tan these days..lots of celebs are big fans and have them religiously.
Sienna X recently got voted best spray tan for pale skins in Vogue – if you are naturally fair go for a lighter shade – 6% Touché de Soleil is fantastic for brides that just want a sun kissed glow.
Have a consultation with the therapist and work out the best shade for you.
Before and After Care is essential to a lasting glowing tan:
– Exfoliate well before your spray tan and wear loose dark clothing afterwards- and flip flops!
– If you are wearing a strapless dress make sure you don’t put tight straps on following the tan.
– Make sure to tell the therapist of any dry areas of skin you have.
– Don’t wear makeup deodorant or body moisturiser before the tan and don’t shave or wax less than 24 hours before your tan- this will result in dotty legs!
– Following your tan leave it on for the time you are told (normally 8-10 hours) shower off and pat dry gently.
– Moisturise daily afterwards.
– Tan your breasts
If the tan is for a wedding or special occasion have a trial and keep a note of what day you liked the tan best. I would recommend 2/3 days beforehand.
Make sure you let your makeup artist know you are having a spray tan as they may have to go a shade up with your foundation.
So enjoy the summer despite the rain and look bronzed and beautiful!!