I remember Joanna’s wedding day so well – it was a beautiful yet chilly Saturday morning. Whilst doing Jo’s hair and make up, we chatted about all sorts! I’m sure she appreciated this distraction, as the time ticked by and the time to leave for the church became closer!
Jo’s gown was a modern dress with 30’s style inspiration by Satin Bow Bridal.
Therefore the hair style Jo choose was a soft up-do with slight volume on top and soft curls and pins at the back, with beautiful fresh flowers pinned into the detail of the hair.
Her make up look was flawless and fresh looking – I created this by:
– First priming the face using Laura Mercier.
– I then used a light coat of loose powder by Illamsqua followed by a subtle blusher, adding a hint of colour to the cheeks using YSL blush (the actual one I used was a special edition and is no longer available, but this product will give similar results)
– For the eyes I primed using Benefit’s Stay Don’t Stray – this also gives lots of light reflection around the eye area creating brights eyes that stand out.
– Then I blended shadows from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette over the eye, yet still keeping the make up soft and natural looking.
– Winged eyeliner was then brushed on using a staple product of my kit: Bobbi Brown long wear gel eyeliner in black.
– Not being a fan of lipstick, on Jo’s lips I penciled over them with Bobbi Brown’s lip liner in Ballet Pink and then added a coat of clear gloss to finish the look.
I remember Jo’s trial for her bridal hair and make up, that it also when I became a huge fan of Pinterest. We looked at her board together and I could see all of Jo’s ideas and inspiration for the hair and make up look she wanted.
It was so exciting when Jo contacted me to say she was to feature in “Your Herts and Beds Wedding magazine” in Real Life Weddings and not only that, but she made the front cover! You can read all about Jo and Craig’s wedding in the latest issue.
I really lovely Jo’s flower choice mainly gypsophila which are small fragrant flowers that look very cute.
As I have a huge sweet tooth and I love to bake, I was in totally admiration of the sweet table!
Images by Rebecca Wedding Photography
MK and NN postcode areas
Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire